This policy establishes a system for course structuring, applicable to all courses offered at the University of Pittsburgh, and includes:
- Cross-Listed Courses - Guidelines for the cross-listing of courses among schools/campuses of the University;
- Course Enrollment Restrictions - Restrictions on course enrollment and special enrollment counseling sections;
- Fractional Credit/Variable Courses - Restrictions on variable credit and fractional credit courses;
- Course Numbering - A system for course numbering, applicable to all courses offered at the University;
- Prerequisite/Corequisite Courses - Regulations on prerequisite and corequisite courses;
- Course Subtitles - Regulations on the use of course subtitles; and
- Course Type - The categorization of courses by course type, the method of instruction used in delivering education programs to students.
Procedure(s) and Supporting Documents
Please refer to the policy and/or the policy contact for any accompanying procedures, supporting documents, and/or forms.